As Brian Glover once famously said in Alien 3: “This is Rumor Control, here are the facts.” With that in mind, are you ready to hear all about the latest rumors that pertain to Hideo Kojima’s immensely anticipated and uber-cryptic Death Stranding title? Well, you’re in luck, as though the game is expected to have a big presence on Sony’s stage at E3 next week, a ton of potential details have apparently leaked early on 4chan (via TheNerdMag.com). As always, we’d suggest to take these tidbits with a big ol’ grain of salt.
Up first, is an alleged release window of early 2020 for Kojima Productions’ upcoming game as it has been delayed internally. Additionally, the source claims, “it will be on PC at an undecided time after the PS4 release. Likely not for at least 12 months.” Apparently, Sony wants full exclusivity but the “minimum contractual obligation is a year.” Next up are some juicy details regarding Death Stranding’s core gameplay. Take a deep breath, as here we go…
- There’ll allegedly be tons of weapons, vehicles, gadgets and gear from multiple era’s, from clubs to single shot muskets to energy swords.
- The baby is something that exists as a singular, it is not something that is instanced each time you boot up the game. The baby is a single entity. He is what is causing the time distortions and dimensions crossing over, which is multiplayer.
- When the community has reached the end of the game, there will need to be a global decision made to kill the baby and end DS multiplayer forever, or allow it to live and continue the multiplayer experience.
- Players in other games can do things at certain points in time that will have a butterfly effect in your game, this can happen both while you are actively playing or while the game is off. They can be positive or bad things (stick or rope).
- PVP can happen at any point if you and another player accidentally cross timelines while time traveling.
- When you die that timeline is closed forever, significant things that encapsulate Sam’s story in that timeline will travel with you to the ocean floor before you re-emerge and continue in a new timeline. As you and other players pollute the ocean, it will cause sea-life to die and wash up on shore.
Finally, there’ll be loads of information in a brand new E3 2018 trailer, too.
I’m not sure about you, but this all sounds very Kojima. I mean, this is the guy who brought us Metal Gear Solid 2 — and that game had some of the most batshit crazy stuff in it ever, right?
But what do you all think? Are we completely barking up the wrong tree with all of these alleged rumors? Or do you – like us – think that this could potentially be a legit rumor? Let us know in comments section below.